more than one voice

Monday, May 2, 2011

creative entrepreneur


i might look calm - but inside my head there is a really messy art room, she said with a tranquil smile

I’m having a blast with creating at the moment – but it’s also hard work and i sense that i have to put in the effort if i want to live a creative life, to realize my dreams and goals.  

It’s not just the art works that i need to work on but also the business plan.  Although i want to step out of the formal world and make most of my own rules, i will still be operating within that some world.

Some of the rules will have to stay, the basics – like having a business plan, a budget and keeping good records.  I like the idea of having me being the business – rather than ‘having’ a business.  Because i create – the creativity is the business and that happens to be me.  I suppose it works slightly differently from having a tangible business, yet at the same time it can’t be nebulous.  I suppose it’s a bit like being a social entrepreneur – instead I’m a creative entrepreneur.  This idea needs further development and some more thought, but it’s a start.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clare, Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me such great advise. I'm soooo enjoying reading your posts. It seems as artists we all have the same struggles. Good luck with your art and your creative life. I love your eyes on your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're on the right track. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare, thanks for leaving a comment over at my site. Isn't it amazing to be able to have contact across the world from our own desk. It amazes me all the time.
    I read that you are going to make your self a business plan. I've made my own very effective planer and I made a post of it. It's called Strategic planner. Have a look and see if it could be to your use too. Label: Making books (I think)

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment