more than one voice

Saturday, May 7, 2011

mother love

I love being a mother – it beats everything hands down.  It’s the best job in the world nothing comes close. It’s not always easy, but I love being a mom. I wrote this letter to my children last Mothers’ day.

my girls

then

and now


When I look upon your faces I only see beauty and will love you forever.  The closest that we will ever get to unconditional love, to a wholesome pure love, is the love a parent has for their child.  My love for you embraces you with arms that want to hold you tight forever, but as you grow up I will try to open my arms and let you slowly go.

I think if we could try and love each other like this, then we could have a more understanding and gentle world.  You my sweet dear children have taught me a great deal about life and loving.  It is through you that I learnt to be more patient and tender.  From the first moment that I laid eyes upon your little red swollen faces, I understood better what it means to love.  Thank you for all the lessons that you have taught me, it has been a pleasure and privilege to be your mother.

2 comments:

  1. This beautiful! Your girls are precious and remind me of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and beautiful daughters!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment