more than one voice

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

finding time

without my art - i would have lost my heart a long time ago she said with a sigh

I’ve decided that on Wednesdays instead of going to gym after work, I will go home and exercise my creative muscles instead. Any excuse not to gym – but seriously creating, making art, having a dedicated time to play with my paints and brushes is vital to my health.  I will have to do a few extra minutes on the other days I go to gym – or else I may just feel guilty – no don’t think I will.

If I call myself an artist – it means that I have to create, I need to have art to show. I need to practice my craft, my art, I need to dedicate time to learning, to trying out new things and I need to constantly evolve and challenge myself. 

It’s a big responsibility calling myself that title – am I ready for the challenge?  It’s great to have a dream, some goal to work towards; the dream is a form of planning, it helps with goal setting, with direction. My dream is to feel comfortable with that title, to be able to say those words with strength and conviction – I’m getting there, just need a bit more time.  

11 comments:

  1. I too have begun exercising my creative muscles. I have started to try new tings that are out of my comfort zone. It's tricky at first but you are headed in the right direction. A quote comes to mind I can't remember who first said it but "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain." So, Clare....DANCE. I'll be checking back to see if your dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista! I'm happier with a great body of artwork rather than a great body. Maybe my husband wouldn't agree! ;o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think you are ready Clare! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree and relate. You must nurture your soul's passion first. It's the only way to live and be happy.
    Thanks for being a blog friend. Have a creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    A little thought that came into my mind. How about using the word "I am an Artist" as a positive affirmation?. You could try saying your affirmation stood infront of a mirror, that's a really good way to test your affirmations and to notice any resistance.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, thank for following my blog.
    I think you can safely call yourself an artist.
    Interesting to hear about your work and the people you work with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare, I know this sounds odd, but in my search for other lives I think my next one is in Africa? Just got this feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Clare,
    I just wanted to thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I cried as I read them. I am so amazed how complete strangers can reach out to one another. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is my first time on your blog. I really love your work and the photos are incredible. I want to do an abstract collage of an African savanna and I am sure I will find inspiration here.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl!!! Saying that "I am an Artist" was one of the hardest things that I could say to myself. But after I would say it a few times it became easier and easier. Just say it Clare! I'll say it for you! You are an Artist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its so nice to have a time designated for creating :) and if you feel like you're pushing yourself at the gym to earn the time, then you get double benefits!

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment