more than one voice

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

fitting


she found that things fitted much better


I've been a bit slow in getting my thoughts together, this new year rushed upon me before I was ready.  I always like to do a past year review and then like to plan ahead for the coming year.
 
I’ve finally picked my word for 2012, something that I’ve never done before.  It felt like a good place to start, it sums up how I was beginning to feel at the end of 2011 and gives me hope for 2012.

My word is ‘FITTING’ – a strange word to pick – I suppose. 

This is how it came to me:

As the noise of New Year celebrations woke me from sleep I saw a tower and in front of the tower I saw a completed jigsaw puzzle.  I didn’t immediately get the word; I had to let the image swim around in my head for awhile.  After I completed this painting the word slowly emerged, and seemed to resonant with how I have been feeling.  I find that I’m fitting into my skin better, that I’m more content and feel a better fit with my life – for the first time ever.  So it seems to be the perfect fit – pardon the pun.

Katie loves to sneak into my studio and paint when I'm out - it makes me happy

 

16 comments:

  1. I don't think that word is strange at all. So many things that can fit. Nice painting too and your daughter seem to enjoy painting too. No wonder it makes you happy. Perhaps you can co-create something one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to mention your banner, how nice and what a beautiful photo of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to realize that I need to embrace my true nature instead of running away from it. For example, I bought myself a cloche hat over the weekend. I'm usually too shy and fearful to wear hats for fear of what people will say. I decided, "NOW is the time to wear it, not later." Because quite frankly, I'll keep putting it off and end up never wearing it.

    My daughter used to sneak my laptop and write on it all the time. Luckily, her grandfather got her a laptop (used) for Christmas. Now we can both write whenever we want instead of taking turns. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare, what a fitting post. It's a great feeling when things start to fit together. I love it when my daughters leave drawings and messages on my desk....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art studio space.....How nice to see you daughter painting also. One day I hope to feel more fitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, that’s just wonderful. i think it’s the ultimate happiness too.
    (love your studio!)

    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Fitting" - hm, yes we are fitting or not fitting all the time, things are fitting or not fitting - yes a lot of it going around. :-)
    Lovely photo of sweet Katie! And the painting is adorable! Have a nice day Clare!
    P.S. How is the book shop going?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new word, i think i'll adopt it too - lots of changes for me for 2012. My daughter does that in my studio when i'm out too, i have all her little creations up around the house. Happy new year (and how is the book shop going too) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice of word and it's nice that you gave it some thought. What a good feeling to feel more content with yourself and your life Hope you'll link this post into the 2012 blog hop http://www.myheartartbygeri.com/2011/12/whats-your-word-for-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare, I really like your word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Clare, I didn't see your email anywhere, could you please email me ? I just wanted to ask you something. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. NOT strange to me and i know it's quite fitting for YOU :) AND your painting to go with it is so very wonderful clare! she looks as if she's had so many things to say and needs to say more, ADORABLY artistic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your word and your art is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good choice Clare...I love this art work too. The striped socks and the sweet little house are just so charming. Is that your daughter? What a cutie pie. Looks like a cozy place to create your art work!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on The Flight Maker. You are so tender-hearted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The puzzle-piece dress and your word are perfect. I love that idea. And your daughter is precious playing with paint while you're away. :)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME painting! Your word is perfect. Loved this post! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment