more than one voice

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

feet on the floor and breath

this I know for sure


There are many different techniques of meditation that are taught both in secular situations, for example in a psychologist’s office to help someone who is very stressed, to the Buddhist meditations or contemplative prayer, that are taught as part of a religious practice.  Basically, it all boils down to being able to get the mind to a place of space in which the thoughts are observed and an awareness of the present moment becomes the focus.  Practicing meditation can led to a deeper spiritually awareness and a sense of higher consciousness.  Just as there are many different techniques, there are many different reasons why someone might decide to practice meditation.

One thing I know for sure is that when I practice meditation, I can feel the difference in my life.  I am more focused, more relaxed, at peace with what is. At the moment I feel quite frustrated, I enjoy some aspects of my job but I'm also bored very often and don't have enough challenges.  I have the beginnings of a great art/home based business but  don't have the time to pursue it because I have to work. I have found that instead of doing what I know works, focusing, being quiet, I try every trick in the book to distract my poor mind, so that I don't have a free minute to sit quietly.  Then I get more frustrated - can I scream now?

I know that I have to put things into perspective, allow more time to just be with what is for now.  The time will come when things will be less hectic and there will be time to focus on what I really love to do - create and make art. Feet on the floor and breath, Clare - breath.

13 comments:

  1. Yes.....you can scream now. Then breath.

    I think sometimes to breath, you need to let the angst out first. We do odd things to our mind to trick it, but I think it's smarter than we realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES you are allowed to scream! At least you will empty yourself from the need to scream. To say it out loud is very helpful I think. You get rid of that feeling and your ears will hear what you say and the universe will hear it too. Not bad for a scream! I often speak out loud to the universe and the answers are coming in one way or other. They seldom come in a way I expect them to and therefor I'm not always aware of them. Give it a try.

    Thanks for your comment earlier today, I had to smile while reading it. I am in an exciting process at the moment. What is fear really? Does it have many faces? Chew a bit on that. Good luck and scream as much as you need!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thoughts. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Clare! Yes, the NOW is really all we have and to be upset in the moment is to argue with reality...and we all know we can't change reality, only our reaction to it. So, if we just accept that life is a series of ups and downs, ebbs and flows we will be much more at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet lady, I feel for you. I hope you can get some peace soon. Is there any way you can paint at the bookstore during lulls? Just a thought...I've seen people do this at craft fairs in-between having customers. I'm behind on reading your posts! Catching up now. :D
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes breathe Clare - and you can also scream into a pillow sometimes, it helps!
    Meditation is a great tool to clear the mind and lower the pressure (maybe even the blood pressure?)
    I do simple yoga exercises everyday and I meditate at the end, I am already relaxed through the yoga and the focus on the meditation comes easier.
    You are fine and you will be fine - everything will fall in place, Your art will stay with you forever and wait till you are more ready and free for it!
    Have a lovely weekend! Hugs!
    Ahhh, and Clare:
    The typewriter is great, but the point was the piece of music - did you listen to it? It will cause you to smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your art...it makes me think of recently hearing barbara walters give her 16 yr. old self the advice "this too will pass".
    i too could benefit from some feet on the floorness!
    love from my ten toes to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare! So glad you found me ! What a beautiful space you have..and its lovely to see your smiling face :) That feeling you describe is an old familiar one of mine....and even on having left my "proper job" to follow my creative whispers time still feels at a premium. My mantra to myself is that I am exactly where I am meant to be right now... :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Clare! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment. I read your recent post, and I feel the same way sometimes. I wish I could give you some good advise, but you seem to be coping very well, producing beautiful art. Sometimes I think we just think to much and forget what we are actually accomplishing. Sit back and take a look of the inspiring body of work that you have created! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare, it’s nice to come here and be so inspired. It’s just what i needed to read. Take a deep breath and just be. you are right the rest always falls into place eventually. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had the most mentally exhausting year so far, setting up a new business! It's no wonder you feel as though you haven't had a chance to catch up on yourself. After lots of activity we remain in the same 'hyperactive mindset' sometimes long after the dust has settled. Let your self stop, even if a scream is needed. ;)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH CLARE...your beautiful work goes along with your introspective thoughts. YOU are so wondrous, inside and out! this is a beautiful piece of work! xo

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment