more than one voice

Sunday, July 1, 2012

winter beach - time to breathe

I suggest everyone - just relax she said with a big sigh


Just a quick post - we are off on our annual winter beach holiday.  Although the weather has been so mild, it feels more like our annual summer holiday.  Yesterday when I got home Jess was sitting in a garden chair sunning herself in her new bikini!

I've been reading Betty Edward's book 'Drawing on the right side of the brain' - so thats going to be my reading and practice for the next few days. I feel quiet 'anxious' that I'm not that good at drawing and feel it is something I need to work on.  I've also packed a Thomas Merton journal and a Paulo Coelho - for a bit of quiet reading and contemplation. 

All the washings been done, the house is relatively tidy - Colin has just gone to collect the house sitter - ah big sigh - so we are all set to leave - I hope.

8 comments:

  1. I have heard of that drawing book from several people and it's on my "wish list". I hope you have a wonderful vacation Clare! Love the sweet face in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Piece Clare! She looks like she's anticipating a wonderful adventure! Hope that's just what this vacation is for you. Enjoy your journaling and drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! How nice to have some time off, just doing " nothing " Best wishes for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy! we are having a whole week of winter sunshine here too...cold nights and warm sunny days! have a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time! Your ingredients are just right, so you should all have happy days ahead! :-)
    Hugs to you dear Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful holiday! It is incredibly hot here - we hit 101 degrees Fahrenheit today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new painting is lovely. I hope you have fun on your holiday and get lots of relaxation and reading time. I love that book too. You'll learn a lot from Betty. It's a classic.

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment