more than one voice

Thursday, August 2, 2012

navel gazing



What a bad blogger I am - I can't believe that it's been a month since my last post.  After returning from our holiday, which was bliss - long days of doing nothing, sitting on the beach and contemplating the gift of silence - things have been pretty hectic. I do love the little tricks and contradictions life throws at us.

I received an order to paint 15 origianl pictures on immediate return from the beach.  Which I managed to do in two weeks - phew it really felt like a job by the end.  I remember reading a quote by a famous artist once, who said art is often like a job, sometimes you have to just plug at it even when you don't feel in the mood. 

Before we went on holiday I applied to do two shows in September, one is a three day show and the other a four day show.  They both happen at the same time.  Quess what, I got accepted to do both. Thank goodness I have two daughters who are willing to help me.  I've also been very lucky to find an amazing young lady to help me make up my pictures. 

I'm itching to redesign my blog and share all sorts of new ideas that I thought about when I was sitting at the beach, contemplating my navel.  Oh well, one day at a time I quess.

11 comments:

  1. Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare I REALLY missed you! So nice to see you back! I was sure your vacation would be wonderful and I am glad it was. I am happy you get orders of paintings, and I am excited about your upcoming shows! Congratulations! I am looking forward to read more about it and to see pictures! Hugs! AND: blessed be your girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the time off was just what you needed to refresh and unwind.....and re-energize for your busy days ahead!

    Congrats on the order and I'm excited for you about the shows! Sometimes the good stuff comes all at once, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo congratulations! Wish I could be there in person to see your booth! Glad to see you back...always love to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back Clare and congrats on the order. How exciting is that!! How nice to have your daughters to help out, it's always a relief to have someone to help out when things are "too" busy.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing month,you go girl. Your art is certainly awesome. So lovely to hear from you Clare <3 much love. Looking forward to seeing your show photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, you've had an incredible month! No wonder you couldn't blog, too busy painting. :D So excited to hear your new ideas and please let us know how your shows go!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news, Clare! Wow! I'm so glad you had a nice, relaxing holiday. I could use one of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had an incredible month sound like fun and busy. Congrats on your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to contemplate navels. That's where the magic begins. ;) I have an exhibition planned after the holidays but I'm enjoying the rest from it all at the moment. Have a lovely break Clare and good luck with the shows!
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I can not believe is that I have not been around to visit in a while. Your work just gets better and better. You have so much talent. You amaze me!
    Congratulations on your shows! Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment