more than one voice

Saturday, January 5, 2013

I am a triangle

Me -  as a triangle
 
 
During 2012 I began to see myself as a triangle. No, I haven’t developed some sort of strange psychopathology – rather the triangle has helped me understand myself better.

My triangle looks like this:
 
Each element – needs practice!

These are the things that feel like my purpose, things that I love doing; things that help me understand the world I live in. This is how I express myself and understand who I am. Tying it all together in the middle of the triangle is the creative energy, which is vital for each of the three elements at the points of the triangle. When I start to wonder what it is all about, or how I fit into this crazy world, I go back to this diagram and contemplate for a while and things seem to make more sense.
 
When I was thinking about sharing this  – I went back to my journal played around with some more triangles and realised that I have another one, a bigger one – that looks like this and fits in with the one above.
 



I maybe more shapes – who knows – but for now I am a triangle. 
 What shape are you?



14 comments:

  1. What a great idea Clare! What shape am I, oh I'll have to chew on that for awhile. But I think this might suit me better than a word for the year, because one can return to this over and over to find the basics.

    Your pieces does always make me think. What do your girls hide? (I ask myself) They never look at me, are they shy or...... the coolness in the colors creates a distance yet your girls feels close. Alive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an amorphous shape after the chistmas break! I'd quite like to be a triangle, it has much more direction and purpose to it! ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare love how the word creative goes across both triangles! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare I was stunned when I read this post, I love your triangle theory! I did exactly the same post what a coincidence on new year eve . . . but instead of being a triangle I am three connected circles like a venn diagram! lol!

    I dont blog on winterwood anymore for now and am here on this new blog. Not sure if I like it... but it will do for now! happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much love to you Clare and thank you so much! Have an awesome 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore your triangles + clareness!
    my first thought of me is a labyrinth shape...
    journeying in + out of my core...
    one mown into the grass.
    muchmuch love to you, dear one. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to read your posts again and your lovely wise words. I feel like a circle right now and am looking for some corners too turn. So I can move on to a different side to see the view. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed you soooooo much Clare!
    Love your triangles! I will go back to my "sick"bed now and think earnestly about what shape I am! Love, family, creativity - oh yes and SILENCE - suits me so fine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is very interesting! I think I may be a triangle too, that exact first one and I so relate to the silence! haha

    I look forward to getting to know your triangleness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely post that inspires me to think about those things that I value in my life. Your blog is a lovely place to visit. I found you through the Grow Your Blog party. I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very lovely blog. I'm a new follower and a 'Grow Your Blog' participant. Have fun at the party!

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Clare,
    What a wonderful way to meet like minded women. So glad that Vicki "Grow Your Blog"has gone to such an effort to showcase so many blogs. Creative and generous...Your work is so creative and inspiring.
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Clare, that is a very interesting/cool concept! I also love your idea of using a word as your direction for the year! I just popped over from the Grow Your Blog party and have become your newest follower/friend. I really look forward to coming back for a proper visit once the blog party is over. I've loved what I've seen so far! :D
    Off to visit some more blogs...
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I can see, with your words I can see clearly that I am a star shape, with several points, some very close to your triangles. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment