more than one voice

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

climbing into dreams


climbing into a dream

Dreams intrigue me – they are like hidden information about who we are. Mysterious puzzles to solve, clues to unravel – glimpses into our unconscious workings.  I love trying to solve the puzzle of a good dream.


I was listening to an interview with a dream expert on the internet (can’t remember who or where), but this was the question he asked.  When we dream all the images in our dreams, everything - comes from our own subconscious mind, we always feature in our own dreams.  If everything is created in our heads then when we encounter other people in our dreams and they talk to us, who are they? Obviously they are us, which wasn't that obvious to me until I spent a little time bending my head around that one. Which just means that there are more clues and puzzles and riddles to solve.  Aren't dreams just so cool!

Playing with photoshop - helped me to turn this painting on the left into a picture that expresses how I sometimes experience dreaming.  (also relating to my previous post - I just love PLAYING)

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes dreams - mysterious most of the time. And completely understandable other times. According to my husband I speak when I dream - in three languages! Isn't that odd? :-)

    Your painting is - as always! - very beautiful and so dear and lovely!
    I am so happy to see you back Clare - playing and posting and painting - among the other things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dreams have always been very vivid. Sometimes this is not a good thing as they tend to haunt me for hours after I wake up. But I agree that they are endlessly fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the expression in your painting. How strange all this is, less than a week ago I heard a radioprogram discussing dreams and what they meant. New to me was that most dreams tells us about our balance in life. Still not sure I've understood it all, but if the dream is unbalanced in some way one should seek to balance it while awake. This, was said, should result in a much better all round good feeling about life.

    I'm still wondering about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me with your work. It is so charming . . . just plain lovely and charming, what more can I say :)
    I love to visit and go through your posts.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

thank-you for taking the time to leave a comment